Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Quest for Underwear

Seriously? This is where my life is at right now?! Yep - finding underwear to meet all of the needs of my brand new fragile-and-unique-as-a-snowflake penis.

This is what I've learned:

  1. I used to LOVE briefs and now I prefer boxer briefs so that my clothed cucumber is rubbing up against clothing and not against my bare thigh. Who knew this was a thing?
  2. I'm super self-conscious about the post-void drips in the undies. It doesn't always happen, but when it does and it shows I am mortified. Don't get me wrong, it's not like a Billy Madison "peeing your pants is cool" kind of leak. It's only a few drops. But, I usually wear chinos and it is noticeable. I'd rather not have to feel insecure about this after every time I pee. 
  3. Extra room in the front of underwear is necessary to hold these goods. Regular undies squeeze in the too much and are very uncomfortable. 
  4. Without a separate pouch that holds everything in front of my body, my scrotum drops between my legs and my penis will go everywhere - bend upward, slink down the leg, fall between my legs. Everywhere. WTF? Not cool.
  5. I have thick thighs and it takes some stretchy material to keep the legs in boxer briefs from riding up. (Hint: riding up is not a good thing)
  6. A lot of underwear with a large front pouch also has a seam running down the middle of that pouch. I don't like that this seam leaves an imprint on my dick even after only an hour of wear. 

After trying at least a dozen different brands and styles, here are the results...

Definite NO:
  • David Archy Micro Modal Separate Pouches - Adequate sized pouch for the dick, but the outer pouch bent my dick too much where the head was pointing back towards me. It left me with very visible creases at several points along the bottom of my shaft and when I wore them it felt like I was almost going to sit on my dick several times.
  • GKVK Men's Briefs - The front pocket was designed for an elephant trunk. 
  • Lapasa ELS Combed Cotton Hip Brief Stretch Underpants - The front pocket is not big enough and the cotton doesn't stretch that well. These may be great in a few months and they're my preferred style of underwear. I'm going to wait and see on these. 
  • MyPackage - Separate compartments for penis and balls. The area for the penis is not large enough and you have to put your genitals through a hole that doesn't align well with my body.
  • Saxx - Stretchier material and no front pocket. Instead there are mesh-like wings (reminds me of panty-liners) that are in the front to separate the twig from the berries. I can see why cis guys would like this, but it doesn't work for me.
  • UFM 3.0 Adjustable Athletic Boxer Brief - The front pocket was too tight and having to tie my bits in a sling and squeeze them into a tight pouch wasn't worth the effort.
  • Calvin Klein Body Micro Modal Boxer Briefs - Great thick waist band, comfy material, and large front pouch. Sadly, my penis rolls all over the place (and down the leg) in these. They're now my weekend/lounge undies.
  • MeUndies - Comfy material, but that's all I can say about these. Thumbs down.
  • 2xist Men's Sculpted Contour Pouch Brief - Oddly, not enough room for the goods.


Pretty Good:
  • Andrew Christian Trophy Boy Tagless Brief & Andrew Christian CoolFlex Boxer w/ Show It - Great front separate pocket that holds the goods in front of my body. There is no center seam in the briefs, but the rim around the bottom of the pockets in both is inflexible and puts too much pressure behind my scrotum. The material are very soft and comfortable and all of Andrew Christians underwear is super sexy! If it weren't for the discomfort on my scrotum, I'd wear these more often.
  • Lapasa Men's Micro Modal Boxer Briefs Low-Rise No Fly Trunk - Very soft and stretchy material. Supports my dick enough to make a "package" but not too much to crinkle it in a ball. Down side is the center seam leaves a noticeable indentation along my dick, even after an hour of wear and the legs ride up. 
  • Obviously AnatoFree Briefs - Not bad for short trips to the gym. They're supportive and have good sized front pouch. Down side is the center seam.
  • Obviously AnatoMAX Boxer Brief 9" - I love the length of the briefs, but the "MAX" line (their biggest front pouch) lets my dick fly a little too free. Under athletic shorts this isn't a big deal, but in pants I need more support. Another down side is the center seam.
  • Obviously Essence Naked Boxer Brief 9" - These have become my regular underwear for working out. I love the long legs for running, the material is soft and has great stretch to it, and the size of the pouch is perfect. Like other Obviously products, I'm not a fan of the seam in the front pouch.


My Favorite - 2UNDR Swing Shift

These underwear have everything that I want and need. First, the modal material offers enough stretch that the legs don't ride up my thighs. The front area has enough space and the "joey pouch" comfortably holds my penis and scrotum in front of my body. It stays nicely in place all day and in all types of pants. The "no drip tip" is basically an extra layer of mesh-type antibacterial fabric that catches any post-void run off. I have no insecurities about drippage when I wear these. The material also helps me stay dry and while I don't use it, these also have a built-in fly, which may appeal to some. They also come in a huge variety of colors, materials, and leg-lengths. I LOVE these underwear!! 

After having several pairs for 4+ months, I have found that the materials hold up well to regular laundering in a washer and dryer. I have yet to see a hole or the fabric wearing thin. The one downside I've noticed is that the legs are starting to creep up my thighs, which makes me think that the spandex-type quality wears down in these over time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment